I just realised I have never shared this recipe on the blog before! I make it pretty much on a weekly basis so I was pretty surprised when I looked back through my posts and I could not find my banana bread recipe!
This loaf is so easy to make and always turns out perfect! If you like you can always add chocolate chips or walnuts to the mix but I do prefer it with just the banana flavour. It is lovely served warm with a bit of butter on top but stays fresh for days and is a great lunchbox filler.
- 1 + 3/4 cups self-raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 75 g butter, melted
- 1 cup mashed banana (approximately 2 bananas)
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt into a bowl. Mix in sugar.
- In another bowl beat eggs. Stir in milk, butter and banana.
- Mix quickly into the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Spoon into a greased and lined 22cm loaf tin.
- Bake at 180C (350F) for 45-55 minutes.
- Leave in tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.